What is the Nonbinary Pride Flag? A Comprehensive Guide
The Nonbinary Pride Flag, designed by Kye Rowan in 2014, is an emblem of pride and representation for individuals whose gender identity isn’t exclusively male or female. Not intended to replace the genderqueer flag, but to fly alongside it, this flag is designed with four horizontal stripes of yellow, white, purple, and black.
Understanding the Nonbinary Flag Colors
The colors of the Nonbinary Pride Flag were carefully chosen to encapsulate the experiences of non-binary individuals. Each color on the flag symbolizes a unique facet of the non-binary gender experience:
- Yellow: Represents individuals whose gender exists outside the binary.
- White: Symbolizes those who encompass many or all genders.
- Purple: Indicates individuals whose gender may be a mix of male and female.
- Black: Depicts individuals who identify as not having a gender.
Dream Maker Pins Nonbinary Flag Offerings
Dream Maker Pins proudly offers several variants of Nonbinary Pride Flag Pins:
- The Proud Parent Nonbinary Pin, which is a heartfelt show of support from parents.
- The They/Them Pronouns Nonbinary Pin, underscoring the importance of correct pronoun usage.
- The Standard Nonbinary Flag Pin, for those wishing to display the Nonbinary Pride Flag in its classic form.
Our Nonbinary Flag Pins have earned the approval of our wonderful customers. Here's what they had to say:
- "Awesome little pin! Great size, comes in a nice little box and a few clasps to go with it." - Captain Mertz
- "Shipped and arrived quickly. This pin is the perfect size and looks great." - Keelin Pouros
- "I absolutely love the pin, and I have sensory issues and I never feel it on my work hat with locking pin backs! Super happy with it!" - Katherine Kassulke
- "My non-binary work spouse was so excited to receive this for their employee badge. They almost teared up opening it. Would buy again." - Kate Hauck
For more on the history and symbolism of various pride flags, visit our comprehensive guides on the LGBTQ Ally Flag Guide, the LGBTQIA Rainbow Pride Flag Guide, the Transgender Flag Guide, the Genderqueer Flag Guide, the Polysexual Flag Guide, the Bisexual Flag Guide, the Bear Pride Flag Guide, the Lesbian Pride Flag Guide, and the Pansexual Pride Flag Guide.